PZ Myers at Pharyngula started this meme as a means of demonstrating evolution in cyberspace. I found it on Sherry Chandler
If I have any readers, consider yourself tapped. If you don't have a blog, dammitjanet, start one. I'm pretty sure I broke the rules with my questions. Can we consider that a mutation?
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
* You can leave them exactly as is.
* You can delete any one question.
* You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
* You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.
* You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
*My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
*My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Primate Diaries.
*My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Thus Spake Zuska.
*My great-great-great-grandparent is Kate.
*My great-great-grandparent is Finally Maturing.
*My great-grandparent is Parts-n-Pieces
*My grandparent is I See Invisible People.People.
* My parent is Sherry Chandler
The Questions and Answers:
* The best time travel series in SF/Fantasy is: The Company stories, by Kage Baker
* The best dissertation song in punk is: Tubthumping, by Chumbawamba
*The best scary movie in modern pop culture is: Alien# (For years I had to watch these movies anytime they came on, and the endings always surprise me.)
* The best high-carb food in Southern cooking is: sweet potato pie
* The best novel antipsychotic/mood stabilizer in non-generic form is: Abilify, by Bristol-Meyers Squibb
I don't think anyone reads my blog, so I will probably go extinct. I'll try tapping the blogs that I read regularly: clearcreekgirl, fossilguy.
This Week's Top Downloads
3 hours ago